There are so many fun things to do in Clearwater Beach, so our team at Opal Sands Resort has compiled a list of nearby attractions to help you plan a vacation. You can count on our friendly concierge staff to enhance your stay with insider information on the city’s best attractions, dining options and outdoor adventures.
Clearwater Marine Aquarium
- Visit the famous dolphins Winter and Hope, stars of the family favorite motion pictures Dolphin Tale
and Dolphin Tale 2
starring Morgan Freeman, Ashley Judd and Harry Connick Jr. The aquarium focuses on rescue and rehabilitation, and you’ll love interacting and learning about all the sea creatures in residence.
Pier 60 Attractions & Sunsets
- Opal Sands Resort is within walking distance from the family-friendly destination Pier 60, known for its fishing, restaurants, shopping and nightly sunset celebrations. "Sunsets at Pier 60” features arts and crafts vendors, street musicians and entertainers. The area also hosts the spectacular Sugar Sand Festival sandcastle competition.
The Clearwater Marina
- Enjoy everything from sunset sails and dinner cruises to deep sea fishing expeditions and dolphin encounters.
- If you’re seeking an outdoor adventure, you’ll love a trip to Caladesi Island State Park, one of the few completely natural islands along the Gulf Coast. Enjoy kayaking through the mangroves, sunbathing on the white sand beach, fishing, hiking and spotting wildlife.
Major League Baseball Spring Training
- Baseball fanatics can catch Spring Training games for the Philadelphia Phillies, Toronto Blue Jays and New York Yankees, all within driving distance of the resort.
Beyond Clearwater Beach, you’ll find even more attractions and activities to enjoy in nearby Tampa, St. Petersburg and Orlando: